Commercial Clean Up!
Water main break or frozen pipes can cause quite a mess.
There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
So when an emergency situation arises in your office, warehouse, restaurant or store, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland has the training, experience, and equipment to make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Marshfield / Rockland can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
Marshfield/Rockland has the expertise and equipment to quickly restore your property to pre-water damage condition. We use a scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup that emphasizes monitoring and documenting the drying process from beginning to end.
Have Water Damage?
Call Today 781-834-7707
Every water damage event is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. You can click on any of the steps below to learn more about that process.
Step 1- Emergency Contact
When you call, our representative will guide you through several questions that will help us respond to your water emergency more quickly and efficiently. This initial contact is an important part of a fast, effective restoration.
Step 2- Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property’s water damage, determining the type of water damage and the areas affected. This is a crucial step to creating an effective plan of action that will result in a successful restoration.
Step 3- Water Removal/Water Extraction
Typically, hundreds of thousands of gallons of water are removed using our powerful pumps and vacuums during the water removal process. We start this process as soon as possible to minimize further damage and to help prevent mold growth.
Step 4- Drying and Dehumidification
After the bulk of the water has been removed, we use specialized equipment to target the water that’s harder to access. They use less intrusive, scientific drying methods to draw the remaining water and moisture from your property with air movers and dehumidifiers.
Step 5- Cleaning and Sanitizing
Water damage also affects your belongings, like furniture, clothing, and personal items. We can clean restorable items using a number of specialized cleaning techniques. They also sanitize with antimicrobial treatments and remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 6- Restoration
The last step is restoring your home or business back to its pre-water damage condition. The restoration step can be relatively minor, such as replacing a few drywall panels or could include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding entire rooms of a home or business.
Does Your Marshfield Home Have A Mold Problem?
Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. The fact is microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 781-834-7707
Don’t Stress About Water Damage Remediation
We have the water removal equipment and experience to make it look like it never even happened.
When you realize your tub overflowed or the water heater leaked all over your basement, you want to dry your home as fast as possible. Too often, homeowners call us after deterioration sets in instead of when the initial event took place. We have the proper equipment needed to keep such harm from happening to your home.
Protecting your home from the harsh effects of water damage often requires the use of water removal and drying equipment. Water that escaped from pipes and basins and soaked into floors and other surfaces inside your property does not disappear from your home merely because you no longer see it. Just as it can soak into things, it can also evaporate into the air and move to other areas of your home.
Water that becomes water vapor can condense on other surfaces and cause damage. Damage can begin to take place within only a few hours of the initial incident. However, the effects might not become apparent for some time. The damage that can happen as a result of water left to work its way around your home costs much more than removing the water before such damage can ruin your home and contents. We use equipment that draws the water out of these spaces.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland uses these and other useful tools to mitigate homes when water removal must take place. Preventing damage from occurring saves our customers expense and aggravation. Contact us at 781-834-7707 for all your water removal and damage needs.
Winter in New England can cause a number of issues on homes. Ice dams can cause extensive water damage to your home.
Ice Dams form along the eaves of a roof preventing the snow from adequately draining and creating a backup. When Water is trapped it seeks a way to escape. The escape route often being an opening in your home. The water seeps into your home, getting into the insulation and eventually damaging walls and ceilings. The results can be extensive damage to your home.
How To Prevent Ice Dams:
- Seal air leaks and ducts
- Add more insulation
- Ensure attics are properly ventilated
If you suffer from an Ice Damn, we can help. Give us a call at 781-834-7707.
Preventing Dryer Vent Fires
More than 15,000 fires are sparked every year by clothes dryers according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Lint and other debris can build up in your dryer vent, reducing airflow to the dryer, backing up dryer exhaust gases, creating a fire hazard.
Here are some of the signs that it's time to clean your vent:
- Clothing does not dry completely after a normal drying cycle.
- Drying time for clothing takes longer than 35 to 40 minutes in duration.
- A musty odor is noticed in the clothing following the drying cycle.
- Clothing seems unusually hot to the touch after a complete drying cycle.
- The dryer vent hood flap does not properly open as it is designed to do during the operation of the dryer.
- Debris is noticed within the outside dryer vent opening.
- Excessive heat is noticed within the room in which the dryer is being operated.
- Large amounts of lint accumulate in the lint trap for the dryer during operation.
- A visible sign of lint and debris is noticed around the lint filter for the dryer.
- Excessive odor is noticed from dryer sheets that are used during the drying cycle.
Clean your dryer vents regularly and keep an eye out for these signs in case you need a professional dryer vent cleaning to decrease your risk of fire.
If you do experience a fire, smoke, or soot damage call SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland at 781-834-7707.
Tips For Water Damage in your Marshfield Home or Business
What to do until help arrives:
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What to do after Flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do after Flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland is available 24/7 with the help you need. Call us at (781) 834-7707!
Restoring Your Marshfield Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Marshfield commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Marshfield Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Marshfield or Rockland basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help! - (781) 834-7707
Commercial Water Damage Tips
Water damage can be a threat to commercial buildings. It's not just a threat to the safety of the occupants, but it's also a threat the finances of the owners.
In Marshfield, Rockland, and surrounding towns that means water damage can affect plenty of medical buildings, professional buildings, restaurants, hotels, and small businesses. In times of severe flooding or plumbing failure this damage could even stop your business from daily tasks, which means you are losing money!
In the office there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of damage due to water leaks. For example, educate your office managers on water damage preparedness. This means that your managers should know how to turn off the water, electric, and gas supply. If they don’t have access, then they should know who to call in order to have these items completed. It’s also a good idea to have some basic tools in the office so that they are readily available in the event of an emergency. Lastly, it’s important to have a list of emergency contact phone numbers for all employees, as well as local fire and police numbers, so that in the worst case the loved ones of those injured can be notified, and they can get medical attention if needed.
Just as with residential structures, rapid response is critical to water damage in an office. The longer you wait before the area is restored the more of a chance you there is that you will have mold, which is another problem altogether.
The best course of action is:
- Call a plumber to fix the source of the loss;
- Call SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland to remediate the damage.
Of course, you can call your insurance first, but remember, we are also experts at the insurance side of damages as well, and can help you get the best coverage, so you can call us to work with your insurance as well.
At SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland we are the leaders of commercial water damage restoration. Call us today to learn more! 781-834-7707