How can SERVPRO help?
Water damage in your home or office can be completely devastating. However, there may be situations where the water damage seems minimal to the untrained eye, leaving property owners to shrug it off and skip a call to SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland. In many cases, property owners believe that the only reasons to call SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland are after a fire, major storm or other significant damages. In reality, it is always a good idea to contact SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland your local restoration experts, even in instances where the damage seems minimal.
There are a wide range of potentially hazardous situations that may require the help from SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland. From obvious disasters like a burst pipe or flood damage to preparing to put your home on the market and other preventative measures. Here are a few examples when SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland can help, After buying a new home we can help inspect concerning areas for water, mold and weather damage. After a major storm where you may have sufferer some water damage or if you smell any strange and unwanted odors.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland is here to help. Give us a call at 781-834-7707.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us today at 781-834-7707.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open and we all move back toward a new kind of normal, the expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation- 781-834-7707.
Keeping your Business running Smoothly
You work hard every day to keep your business running smoothly and your customers satisfied. Don’t let unforeseen damages slow you down. Nobody plans for disaster or messy accidents, except SERVPRO. That's what we expect, we know - trees fall, pipes burst and windows get broken. Or, worse yet, fires and smoke damage can happen.
Once we digest that the danger is over and are grateful that people are safe, your next call should be to SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland at 781-834-7707.
That’s exactly what our professional teams prepare for. We have the capability to get you up and running quickly and efficiently, keeping you and your valued customers safe and satisfied. Your property and hard-earned reputation are at stake, don’t waste time and money fixing things haphazardly - you need professionals to make it right. Call SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland for all of your commercial disaster and cleaning needs, and do it right the first time.
The First Steps to Take After a Fire
A fire can be devastating for your home or business and getting started on the restoration process can be truly overwhelming. Your property may have suffered fire and smoke damage, as well as widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. With SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland's specialized fire and water damage restoration experience, we can help get your home or business cleaned up and restored to its pre-fire condition. We'll even remove the pervasive smoke odor and soot by deep cleaning your upholstery and carpet.
What to do after a fire:
- Secure openings made to your property by firefighters using sturdy, durable materials designed to protect your home from both weather intrusion and intrusion by outsiders.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting a SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may destroy your garments.
Determine the Type of Cleaning Needed
Before starting the cleanup process it's extremely helpful to know what type of fire damage has occurred. There are different types of fire, smoke, and soot and each requires a different cleanup method to best restore your property. Prior to beginning the restoration process, our professional technicians will test the soot to help determine which type of smoke damage occurred and will design the cleanup procedure based on that information.
The Different Types of Fire/Smoke/Soot Can Include:
- Wet Smoke – Usually from Plastics and Synthetics
- This occurs from Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke – Produced from Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, non-smeary residues.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by the evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland has what it takes to restore your home back to preloss condition. Let us help you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call us at (781) 834-7707 - We're Here to Help!
Windows and Hurricane Winds
Storm season is always around the corner when you live in New England, we’re never really out of the woods around here. Essential preparation and knowing your evacuation route will help you rest easier when storm warnings happen and damaging winds are imminent.
The windows in your home are especially vulnerable to hurricane wind damage. A breached window during a storm can quickly cause thousands of dollars in flood damage, and pose serious safety risks for you and your loved ones. Make sure your; outdoor furniture and garden ornaments are secure or tied down, loose shutters and broken screens should be repaired and I guarantee nobody wants an umbrella missile flying toward them ~ put it in the shed.
Call us and we will help you to prepare and protect your home properly.
Remember, storm, flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Marshfield / Rockland provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Call Us 24/7 at (781) 834-7707.
Tips For Water Damage in your Marshfield Home or Business
What to do until help arrives:
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What to do after Flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do after Flooding:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland is available 24/7 with the help you need. Call us at (781) 834-7707.
For Immediate Service in Marshfield or Rockland, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Marshfield, Rockland, Pembroke, Hull, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hingham, Hanover, Norwell, or Scituate. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (781) 834-7707
Whether your South Shore home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Commercial Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your South Shore commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
Restoring Your Marshfield Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Marshfield commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland
SERVPRO of Marshfield/Rockland specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us today at 781-834-7707.
Teaching Fire Safety to Children
It is vital that you teach your children about fire safety at home. Your children should understand what to do in the event of a fire and how to protect themselves against a fire.
ESTABLISH AN ESCAPE ROUTE
In the event of a house fire, your family should have an established escape plan that you all understand. Your children should know how to get out of each room in your home and how to do so safely. You should establish a meeting point outside, far enough away from the house, so your children know where to meet you once they get outside.
You should make sure that your windows can be easily opened by your child and that the screen can be removed easily. You should help your children practice opening and closing the windows in case they had to it by themselves in the event of a fire. Bedroom windows never should be sealed shut or incapable of opening. Many fires happen overnight and they may need that window to get out.
UNDERSTAND SMOKE DETECTORS
Your children should understand where your smoke detectors are in your home and how they work. They should be familiar with the sound the smoke detector makes so they can recognize it in the event that it is going off. As the adult, you need to ensure that batteries are regularly replaced and the detectors are tested.
CHECKING FOR SIGNS
You should teach your children how to check one side of a door to see if a fire could be burning on the other side. Children should understand how to feel for a fire through a door and be able to establish if there is one. You should also help children find alternative routes out of rooms if a fire is on the other side of their door, especially their bedroom.
Children need to understand that they should stay out of the burning house once they are safely outside. Many children want to run back inside for pets or toys because they don’t understand the danger of the fire inside. You should make it clear to children that they should not go back inside for absolutely anything once they are outside safely.